The UW men’s crew brought home more hardware at the Henley Royal Regatta on the River Thames in England, beating boats from the United States. and United Kingdom.

A little over a month after finishing the national runner-ups for the second year in a row to Yale, the Washington men’s crew bounced back to beat Yale in the Temple Challenge Cup semifinal with a time of 6:10.

Then on Sunday, the Huskies cruised to a Temple Challenge Cup crown with a win over Oxford Brookes University in an event record time of 5:58, a good five seconds faster than the previous record.

Washington, Yale, and Oxford Brookes all sent backup crews to the regatta. Oxford Brookes sent its second boat, while Yale and the UW sent rowers from their second and third varsity eights.

The Huskies sent Kimmons Wilson in the cox and rowers Sean Kelly, George Esau, Peter Lancashire, Steve Rosts, David Bridges, Robert Karlen, Philipp Nonnast and Alexander Vollmer.

The Huskies’ last Temple Challenge Cup victory was in 2012, with Oxford Brookes taking the crown three times in the past four years.

Elsewhere, Washington’s Anna Thornton won the Stonor Challenge Trophy for women’s double sculls, along with Charlotte Hodgkins-Byrne, who will race with Thornton again at the Under-23 World Rowing Championships later this month.

With a time of 7:38, the pair tied the previous record set last year by a pair that won the 2017 World Championships in the double sculls that same year.

Earlier in the weekend, UW’s boat in the Stonor Cup, represented by Kenzie Waltar and Klara Grube, fell in the semifinal to a pair representing Exeter College, and the other UW women’s boat in the varsity eight fell to the British National team in the semifinals in a thrilling race Saturday.

Reach Assistant Sports Editor Alec Dietz at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @AlecCDietz