In the 25th annual Sundodger Invitational on Saturday, the Washington women’s cross country team took home its tenth consecutive win.

In a dominant fashion, the Huskies took nine out of the top-10 spots in the women’s 6,000-meter invitational race. The UW was led by sophomore Charlotte Prouse and junior Katie Knight, who crossed the finish line stride-for-stride tying for first place with a time of 20:18.50.

“The goal was kind of for our women to go run together, and so our gap one to five wasn’t very big,” said head coach Greg Metcalf. “I was very proud of them today.”

Junior Amy-Eloise Neal placed fourth with a time of 20:24.60. Freshmen Kaitlyn Neal and Nicole Zielinski also performed well, taking fifth (20:25.70) and sixth place (20:39.90), respectively.

“We have pretty lofty expectations for our two freshmen gals, and they both kind of went out and ran what we thought they would today,” Metcalf said.

The men’s team finished with just 18 points, good enough for second behind Washington State, which finished with 67.

Though they performed well, the Huskies fell to WSU in the men’s 8,000-meter invitational race.

“Our men got beat by the Cougs which is never fun, but you know we didn’t run two of our four best guys, and I knew that [WSU] was a good team,” Metcalf said.

Junior Colby Gilbert took the individual title with a time of 23:38.70, just five seconds off the course record. Junior Andrew Gardner took third, clocking 23:57.30.

The next Husky to finish was freshman Gavin Parpart in 11th place, but Washington State was able to pull out the win by taking seven out of the top 10 spots.

The UW will have a week off before competing in the Washington Invitational on Oct. 1 at Jefferson Park Golf Course.

Reach reporter Carly Knight at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @carlyfries83