The No. 41 Washington men’s golf team entered its weekend with top-10 finish in the across the Pacific Ocean. The Huskies traveled to Lihue, Hawaii, mid-week to compete in the John Burns Intercollegiate at Wailua Golf Course.

The three-day three-round tournament was only the second for the UW since returning to the course just three weeks ago. The Huskies followed their third place finish at the Arizona Intercollegiate on Jan. 23-24 with an eighth place finish in Hawaii.

Competing along a handful of Pac-12 schools in an 18-team field, Washington was able to jump up three spots since Wednesday to claim its fifth top-10 finish of the 2016-17 season.

Sophomore Carl Yuan led the charge and had the highest finish of the five-man roster, tied for 13th place at 3-under 213. Yuan had some ground to make up as he finished the first round carding 3-over 75. Come round two, Yuan recorded only two bogeys and shot three consecutive birdies followed by an eagle on the par-5 13th hole. He finished 4-under 68 after another birdie on 16. In his final round, he shot a 2-under 70 behind five birdies.

Senior Kevin Kwon was just shy of finishing under par as he claimed a spot in the six-way tie for 26th place (1-over 217). Kwon’s best round was on the final day of competition. On Friday, he carded three birdies and only two bogeys to put his third-round score at 1-under 70. An eagle on the same hole Yuan recorded his highlighted Kwon’s second round, but it wasn’t even to overcome the two double bogeys he carded on day one.

Finishing one back from Kwon was freshman Henry Lee. Thanks to Lee’s second round, he was able to finish 32nd place at 2-over 218. On Thursday, he sank four birdies to finish at 2-under 70; a round that was sandwiched between two where he carded 2-over 74.

Fellow freshman Sam Warkentin was close behind a 4-over 220. Warkentin finished at even-par 72 on Wednesday but followed that round with a colorful scorecard that would put him 3-over 75. Despite recording two eagles over the course of two days, Warkentin couldn’t make up for the six bogeys and two double bogeys he carded.

Junior Frank Garber rounded out team competition in a three-way tie for 85th place (12-over 228). Garber struggled to make up for a triple bogey during his first round (5-over 77) but made a slight progress the next day taking two strokes off his total. On Friday, the three birdies he carded was not enough to combat seven bogeys.

Washington had another competitor in the mix, as junior Jordan Lu competed in the individual portion of the tournament. Lu finished tied for 63rd place after shooting 7-over 223 over the three rounds. He was able to make up some ground Thursday after shooting even-par 72, but followed that up with four bogeys and a lone birdie on the final day of the tournament.

Washington will take the course again Feb. 26 in Querencia, Mexico for the three-day Querencia Cabo Collegiate.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez