Kyle’s Shoe Corner: Elijah Hardy’s Kobe 7’s

• 0

Elijah Hardy, the freshman from Oakland, has recently seen a bit of an uptick in his playing time as he is working his way into the rotation after sustaining a broken wrist in the second game of the year against Auburn. One rotation that Hardy has dominated in his first season on Montlake is his shoe rotation.

Hardy broke out the Kobe 7s his last time at Alaska Airlines Arena against UCLA. He has embraced the purple multiple times this year as he also wore these in his first game back from injury against Sacramento State over winter break. From far away, it is tough to get the detail of them, but up close, the icy-like vibe radiates out and the subtle purple meshes perfectly with the Washington uniform.

Hardy has consistently brought the heat all season. Beyond the other pair of UW-inspired Kobe’s, the ADs, Hardy has also mixed in Purple PG 2s and was seen warming up in the first iteration of the LeBron 16s during the last homestand. If his first season is any indication, then Elijah Hardy will be a player to watch both as the future point guard and also to check what he is wearing.

Reach reporter Kyle Gehler at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @KyleGehler