Washington ties for 13th to at Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic

• 0

Washington’s golf team ended its fall season with a 13th place tie at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic on Sunday with a three round score of 3-over 855 (285-292-278).

Although a rough start, Washington finished strong with a -6 under par due to four people finishing under par including sophomore Noah Woolsey, Washington’s top performer. Woolsey finished tied in 33rd with a score of -3 under 210 (70-74-66). Woolsey climbed 28 spots. In the third round, Woolsey finished with a score under par in 6 holes.

Washington’s second top score that counted toward the team total belongs to freshman Paul Margolis who tied for 64th with a score of 3 over 216 (73-71-72). In the third round, he was one of the few to have a score over par. However, he finished strong in the third round by posting two birdies on par-4’s.

Sophomore Shamu Bodhidatta posted a 3-under 210 (68-73-69). His final round allowed him to move him into a tie for 33rd by posting three birdies, one on par-5 and two on par-4’s. Freshman Robert Moran posted a 5-over 218 (72-76-70) and also saved his best round for last. Despite the one triple bogey, he posted 6 scores under par, improving his previous round two score by six strokes.  Junior Henry Lee posted a score of 4-over 217 (72-71-74), putting him in a tie for 71st.

With the season over, the Huskies will take a break until January 28th, when the spring season starts with the Arizona Intercollegiate.

Reach contributing writer Daniel Li at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @Daniel_Li7