After severe weather conditions hindered much of the play during the Pac-12 Men’s Golf Championships, the teams were eventually able to return to the course after play was cancelled Saturday.

The tournament went from a three-day, four-round schedule to only two days of play and three rounds to determine the conference championship. Colorado played host at Boulder Country Club. The par-70, 7,129-yard course received heavy snowfall Friday night, making course conditions unplayable Saturday.

The Washington men’s golf team entered the final round in second place, and after the whirlwind of schedule changes, tied for third place (32-over 1082). Half of the field, including three Huskies, still had their second round to finish from the first day of play Friday, and once round two’s scorecards were finalized, the team began its third and final round.

The UW entered the finale just a few strokes off of Oregon, which commanded a lead it would never relinquish.

Sophomore Carl Yuan, senior Corey Pereira, and freshman Henry Lee were among the competitors who still needed to wrap up the second round. Lee had the best finish Sunday morning and shot even-par 70. Yuan followed carding 2-over 72, and Pereira scored 5-over 75 after 36 holes of play that were spread two days.

The Huskies transitioned to the final round with the rest of the field. They quickly fell farther behind Oregon as three of the UW’s six starts opened with bogeys. Simultaneously, other competitors were shortening the gap between themselves and Washington.

Stanford moved up the leaderboard into second place after its six-man roster recorded 11 birdies in their first nine holes of the shotgun start. The distance between Oregon and Stanford and the rest of the field increased, and the Huskies at one point dropped to fourth place.

Pereira steadied the team out with his even-par 70 finish and placed sixth on the individual leaderboard (4-over 214).

Yuan was on his way to a better finish than Pereira, but two double bogeys on the par-4 14th and 16th holes set him back. He did squeeze into the top five, shooting 3-over 213 to tie over the course of two days.  

Lee dropped outside of the top 10 but did pull off a top-15 finish after recovering well from two of four bogeys. He began his round on the par-5 2nd hole and shot a six, but picked up a birdie just two holes later. Lee would repeat this again on the 14th and 16th hole and end with two back-to-back bogeys. He carded 6-over 216 in his first conference championship appearance, and finished in a three-way tie for 14th place.

Of the six Huskies playing over the weekend, only the five best scores counted toward the team total.

Junior Frank Garber and freshman Daniel List rounded out Washington’s team total in a tie for 20th place (8-over 218) and a sole 60th place finish (17-over 227), respectively.

Garber could have finished even-par with Pereira but he never recovered from a double bogey on the par-4 5th hole. List opened with two birdies in his first nine holes, but then didn’t shot under par for the remainder of the round.

Senior Kevin Kwon rounded out the UW’s roster in a tie for 61st place (18-over 228).

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez