The men’s golf team can’t have all the fun. Upon returning to the course after nearly a month off, the Washington women’s golf team rounded out the top-10 at the LSU Invite over the weekend. Now, the Huskies will travel to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, to compete in the Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational.

Play will begin Sunday and last until Tuesday at the El Tigre Golf Course. A field of 14 schools will be competing at the par-72 6,085-yard course, including Ole Miss, Cal State Fullerton, and host school Iowa.

In Washington’s previous three outings, it placed within the top 10 thanks to strong performances from freshman Karen Miyamoto and sophomores Wenyung Keh and Julianne Alvarez. The three have led the Huskies to one 10th-place and two seventh-place finishes.

Miyamoto, who joined the team in January, has already made a big impact on the young season. In just her second tournament as a Husky at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Challenge on Feb. 19-20, she recorded her first top-10 finish after shooting 1-over 217 to tie for 10th place.

It was Miyamoto again, along with Keh, who had top finishes in the UW’s next outing. Alvarez, who was a part of the 2016 national championship team with Keh, is also making a steady impact.

Play will begin at 1 p.m. PST Sunday with a shotgun start, where teams will tee off from multiple holes to allow for quicker play.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez