After two meets at home in Seattle, the Washington cross country team will go south Friday for its first road test of the season. The Huskies will take part in the annual Dellinger Invitational in Eugene, Oregon, going up against some of the best teams on the West Coast.

The Huskies will be joined by nine other schools, including Oregon, Stanford, and Oregon State from the Pac-12. The list of competitors is rounded out by BYU, UC Santa Barbara, Gonzaga, Portland, Cal Poly, and Idaho, as well as a handful of unattached runners.

Washington will send 26 total runners: 12 women and 14 men. The women are led by senior defending Pac-12 Champion Amy-Eloise Neale, who began her season off on a bright note last time out with an individual win at the annual Sundodger Invitational. She’ll be joined by senior Isobel Batt-Doyle, who finished third last weekend, and sophomore Emily Hamlin, junior Anna Maxwell, and freshman Allie Schadler, who also earned top-10 finishes.

On the men’s side, the Huskies will hope to use last meet’s dominant effort as a jumping-off point into a solid season. Senior Johnathan Stevens took home the individual crown, and led a sweep of the team race for the UW, its ninth straight Sundodger title.

Overall, Washington is sending a very young team, with 12 freshmen and five sophomores set to race. 

This will be the first of three straight meets on the road for the UW. Both the men’s and women’s races will run Friday, Sept. 29. The men will run their 8k course at 10 a.m., and the women will run a 6k course at 11 a.m. 

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.comTwitter: @J_Kirshenbaum.