The No. 14 Washington gymnastics team continued its upward trajectory at the Metroplex Challenge in Fort Worth, Texas, scoring a 196.525 to improve by two tenths from last week’s first home score of 196.325. The Huskies finished in third place, but that spot on the podium was still a strong one behind two of the top teams in the country, No. 4 UCLA coming in first with a season-high 197.625 and No. 2 LSU scoring a 197.375 for second place.

Senior Hailey Burleson had the strongest performance of the night for the Huskies, tying with other gymnasts from UCLA and LSU for third place on the beam with a 9.900. She scored a 39.375 on all-around, a season high, tying sophomores Haley Roy and Maya Washington with a team-leading 9.850 on floor, and was one of four Huskies to score a 9.800 on vault.

While the Huskies didn’t have another breakout floor score, the team performance on the event was still strong, scoring a solid 49.200. The Dawgs did well again on the vault, matching the team score from last meet (48.950), with a few individually stronger scores than before. Both bars and beam saw improvement.

On bars, the Huskies added a tenth to their score from last meet, junior Monica Riley scoring a career high 9.875 to lead the team. Beam saw a strong improvement, Burleson leading the Huskies to improve by nearly three tenths with her third-place finish. Sophomore Evanni Roberson earned a career-high 9.875 to follow close behind her.

At the Huskies first podium meet, Elevate the Stage, they also finished third to two top National Championship contenders, but only two weeks later they’ve shown significant improvement, beating their own score by eight tenths of a point.

Reach Managing Editor Hailey Robinson at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @haileyarobin