After opening its season two weeks ago, the Washington men’s golf team will continue its 2016 campaign in Albuquerque, N.M., on Friday at the William H. Tucker Invitational. This is the first time the UW will play at the The Championship Golf Course, a 7,248-yard, par 72 course.

The Huskies opened their season in Minneapolis, Minn., at the Windsong Farm Golf Club in the Gopher Invitational. Seniors Kevin Kwon, Corey Pereira, juniors Jordan Lu and Frank Garber, and freshman Sam Warkentin made up the UW’s five-man team, and ended the two-day tournament 37-over 889.

Pereira opened his final season with the Huskies with one of the best finishes out of the Huskies’ lineup, as he tied for 27th with Warkentin after shooting 7-over 220 for the tournament.

Warkentin was the youngest Husky to play in the team tournament last week, and after making a name for himself at Bainbridge High School, he continued to excel at the collegiate level. In the last round of the Gopher Invitational, Warkentin recorded the lowest round of the day at 2-under 69. The first ever three time WJGA overall state champion will hope to continue his early success this week.

Garber, Kwon, and Lu all showed promise in last week’s event and are poised to make a greater impact Friday. After the team’s 13th place finish, the Huskies and new head coach Alan Murray will carry their momentum into this week’s single day event.

Outside of the five-man squad that played together in the Gopher Invitational was sophomore Carl Yuan and freshmen Henry Lee and Shamu Bodhidatta.

The three underclassmen competed in the individual competition that same weekend, and all earned a top-20 finish. Yuan carded 1-over 217 to tie for 8th place, Lee finished in 13th place with 2-over 223 in the three rounds, and Bodhidatta rounded out the Husky roster in a tie for 17th place at 10-over 226.

The depth in the UW’s roster should allow the Huskies to continue their season with top finishes. After Friday’s round, the UW will have a little over a week off before traveling to Fort Worth, Texas for Nike Collegiate.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez