Led by three All-Americans, the Washington men’s cross country team came in eighth, and the women’s team 10th at the NCAA championships Saturday in Louisville, Ky. It marked the first time both teams finished their season among the top 10 in the nation.

Senior Maddie Meyers, who has led the women all season long, ended her cross country career on a high note with an eighth-place finish. She repeated as an All-American and her finish is tied for the sixth highest in school history.

In her first championship race, freshman Charlotte Prouse finished in 78th. Sophomores Katie Knight and Anna Maxwell came in at No. 95 and No. 107, respectively. Junior Kaylee Flanagan rounded out the scoring finishing in 134th.

For the men’s team, there were two first-time All-Americans. Senior Izaic Yorks finished in 30th, and sophomore Colby Gilbert placed 32nd. Two other sophomores cracked the top 100, with Andrew Gardner at 96th and Fred Huxham at 100th. Another sophomore, Johnathan Stevens, closed out the top five at 178th.

The one disappointment for today was senior Tyler King, an All-American last season, who finished in 248th in his final race. King led the team last week at the west regional championships but was unable to replicate the results Saturday.

Coming into the race, the men were ranked at No. 11 and the women were ranked No. 12. Both teams were able to climb the ladder today to sneak into the top 10, which was the goal for both teams entering the season.

Reach reporter Aaron Huang at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @Aaron_C_Huang