Huskies begin 2019 run with eighth-place finish in Arizona

• 0

The Washington men’s golf team placed eighth at the two-day Arizona Intercollegiate, improving over all three rounds to finish 12-under par (282, 281, 277) at the Sewailo Golf Club.

Junior Henry Lee had the best round of the tournament for the Huskies, shooting 8-under 63 on his final round Tuesday. After breaking even his first two rounds, he finished the two-day span at 8-under.

That tied him for eighth place individually with his teammate, sophomore Noah Woolsey. The UW’s No. 1-listed golfer finished under par in all three rounds, with at least four birdies in each.

Lee and Woolsey were the only two Huskies to finish under par. Jan Schneider started his Monday with a 1-under 70 round, but shot 1-over and 2-over Tuesday to finish at 2-over 215 in a tie for 45th. Freshmen Padraic Sim and Paul Margolis rounded out the UW card, shooting 218 and 220, respectively.

Next up for the Dawgs is the Southwestern Invitational on Feb. 25-26.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @J_Kirshenbaum