Stephenson signs five-year extension

• 0
sports file

Robin Stephenson has been extended as the head coach of the Washington women’s tennis team through the 2023-24 season, the UW Athletic Department announced Tuesday afternoon.

“Coach Stephenson has done a tremendous job both on and off the court with our women’s tennis program,” Athletic Director Jen Cohen said in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited to extend her contract and I look forward to seeing the program continue to excel under her leadership after a historic season last spring.”

The Huskies are coming off of one of the best seasons in program history, making it to the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Tournament, finishing with a 21-5 record and a No. 10 national ranking, and earning Stephenson the Pac-12 Coach of the Year Award.

“I am incredibly grateful for our leadership and their belief in me guiding the program going forward,” Stephenson said in a statement. 

Since coming to Montlake for the 2015 season, Stephenson has compiled a total record of 78-47.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @J_Kirshenbaum