The Washington women’s golf team is on its way to Hawaii to take on the 11 other Pac-12 Conference teams in the Nanea Pac-12 Preview for the two-day tournament in Kailua Kona. 

The five Washington players participating in the conference tournament are poised to continue their strong start to the season. Juniors Wenyung Keh, Julianne Alvarez, and Sarah Rhee, along with sophomore Karen Miyamoto and freshman Rino Sasaki are set to take on the challenging 6,372 yard course. 

Coming off a sixth-place finish at Stanford and ranked No. 26 nationally, the team looks to better its final score as it takes on five top-25 ranked teams and also hopes to earn its place among the best in the nation. Wenyung Keh finished first for Washington and eighth overall at Stanford and looks to stay on track this week. 

After last week’s deteriorating play, the team needs to finish strong. The layout of the tournament should help with that, playing 36 holes on Monday and 18 on Tuesday to total 54 for the field. 

The course is the product of a collaboration between George Roberts and Charles Schwab, and since its opening in 2003, it has gained a reputation as one of the best courses in the world. The par 73 course is listed among the top 12 most exclusive courses by Golf.com, and with the beautiful surrounding ocean and long and spacious greens, the Huskies may have to take in a bit of the scenery as they focus on the competition.  

Reach contributing writer Elie Klasky-Gamer sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @elieklaskygamer