171010_JP_MGolf_Yuan

Junior Carl Yuan tees off in last season's NCAA regional.

The Washington men's golf team, led in scoring by senior Frank Garber, finished 12th of 16 teams at the two-day long Alister MacKenzie Invitational at the Meadow Club in Fairfax, California. The Meadow Club presents a challenging course totalling 6,734 yards and a par of 71.

After three rounds, the Huskies moved up a place in the final day of the tournament to beat out San Francisco for the 12th spot.

The team effort was led by Garber, who finished 12th overall in the tournament. The senior had his best score on the first round shooting 3-under, followed by a second day score of 1-under, and finishing off the tournament with a strong day shooting 2-under to finish the tournament 6-under 207.

Sophomore Henry Lee tied for 41st in the field with a final score of just 1-over and shot his best during round two, shooting 2-under. Freshman Noah Woolsey finished strong, going 4-under 67 on the last round, and completed the tournament tied for 46th. Sophomore Shamu Bodhidatta tied for 53rd and shot 5-par. Senior Jordan Lu and freshman Jan Schneider finished within two places of each other, tying for 80th and placing 82nd, respectively.

The UW started slow but improved each round, scoring 289, 288, and 279, totaling to 856 for the tournament.

The Huskies have two weeks to practice before traveling to Hawaii for their final event of the fall, the Warrior Wave Invitational from October 29-31st

Reach Contributing Writer Elie Klasky-Gamer sports@dailyuw.com