Distance teams to represent Washington at nationals

• 0
Stanovsek

Junior Mick Stanovsek crosses the finish line during the men's DMR at the Last Chance College Elite Meet at Dempsey Indoor Center.

With NCAA Championships coming up, here is the list of every Washington athlete and relay team that will be participating in the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships in Birmingham, Ala. 

- Junior Mick Stanovsek qualified in the mile by running a 3:58.64 at the Last Chance College Elite Meet, and will run in the national semifinals at 5:50 p.m. on Friday, March 8, and if he advances, could run in the national final at 4:20 p.m. on March 9.

- Senior Fred Huxham made nationals for the 3000-meter run with a time of 7:51.82 at the UW Invitational, which was good for 15th nationally. He will run at 6:25 p.m. on Saturday, March 9.

- The men’s distance medley relay team comprised of freshman Cass Elliot, sophomore Devan Kirk, junior Connor Morello, and Stanovsek qualified with a 9:28.14 at the Last Chance College Elite Meet, and are set to run in the national final at 9:02 p.m. on March 8.

- Oregon transfer and junior Katie Rainsberger qualified for the mile at the Last Chance College Elite Meet with a time of 4:35.15. That event is set to run at 5:35 p.m. on March 8 in the national semifinals, and if she advances to the final will run at 4:10 p.m. on March 9.  

- Rainsberger is also accepted to run in the 3000 meters, where she qualified at the Husky Classic with a time of 9:02.84. That event will run at 6:10 p.m. on March 9.

- Senior Izzi Batt-Doyle, who set the indoor school record for the 5000-meter run at the Husky Classic with a 15:40.53, will run the 5k at 8:07 p.m. on March 8.

- The women’s distance medley relay team consisting of seniors Hannah Derby and Imani Apostol, Rainsberger, and Burdon also qualified for the DMR with a 11:00.35 set at the UW Invitational. They plan to run at 8:47 p.m. on March 8.

Reach reporter Daniel Li at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @Daniel_Li7