After unfavorable conditions shortened The Prestige before the tournament even started, the Washington men’s golf team encountered other challenges, as junior Carl Yuan was forced to withdraw after play Tuesday with an undisclosed injury.

It was a tough break in a tough tournament for the Huskies, who finished tied for 14th out of 16 teams in Palm Springs, shooting a total 36-over 604 (305, 299) in two days of play.

High levels of wind and dust cancelled play Monday, shortening the tournament to just two rounds. After the first round Tuesday, the UW found itself in 15th place, combining to shoot 21-over 305. The Dawgs improved Wednesday, shooting 299 to bring themselves to their final score.

Freshman Noah Woolsey stepped up for Yuan to lead the Huskies on Wednesday, shooting Washington’s best round of the whole tournament with an even-par 71, beating his previous day’s score by seven shots to finish at 7-over 149. He finished tied for 42nd overall.

Next-best in the standings for Washington were senior Frank Garber and sophomore Henry Lee, who finished at 9-over 151 to tie for 52nd. Lee led the Huskies in the first round at 3-over 74, but slipped up three shots on the second day of play. Garber, on the other hand, improved over the course of the tournament, going from a 78 Tuesday to 73 Wednesday.

Sophomore Shamu Bodhidatta brought up the rear for the four Huskies both days, tying for 81st at 19-over 161.

Yuan shot a 75 in the one round he played.

Next up for Washington is the Southern Highlands Collegiate in Las Vegas in two weeks.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @J_Kirshenbaum