The Washington men’s golf team wrapped up its weekend in Mexico with a top-three team finish and a top individual finish from senior Corey Pereira. The Huskies joined one other Pac-12 school and a combination of colleges throughout the midwest and east coast at Los Cabos Querencia.

On the Pacific coast of Mexico in 80 degree weather, Washington enjoyed the spoils that come with golfing in such good conditions: three solid rounds unimpeded by inclement weather.

In their last tournament, the Huskies earned their second consecutive top-10 finish in 2017 and continued that streak abroad. Competition began Saturday with the field of 15 teams taking the par-71, 6,928-yard course for a shotgun start.

The UW climbed up the leaderboards as the rounds continued, finishing day one in sixth place, moving up two spots after day two, and then finishing in a two-way tie for third place. Only two other schools bested the UW: Baylor (15-under 833) and Oklahoma State (13-under 823).

Pereira returned to the course with gusto after missing the John A. Burns Intercollegiate in February by carding a 1-under 70. His three bogeys and one double bogey were offset by the six birdies he recorded, five of which were on the back nine. Pereira progressed during round two to shoot 4-under 67, a score he would match on the final round. He finished with the best par-4 average (3.85) and the second best par-5 average (4.22). En route to his fourth collegiate individual victory, he finished the tournament 9-under 204.

Sophomore Carl Yuan had the next best finish out of the five-man roster, tying for 18th place at 2-under 211. Yuan opened mirroring Pereira’s score (1-under 70) after the first day of play. He would stay even or under par for the remainder of the tournament behind an impressive streak of birdies (13 total).

Freshman Henry Lee finished just strokes behind Yuan in a five-way tie for 28th place, carding 1-over 214. Lee’s scorecard was plagued with a 5-over 76 second round after he wasn’t able to combat two double bogeys and two bogeys.

Freshman Sam Warkentin and senior Kevin Kwon rounded out the roster by tying for 50th place and finishing in 64th place, respectively. Warkentin started strong, carding an even-par 72 after the first round, but would eventually end scoring 6-over 77 in the final day of play. Kwon had similar struggles, but was able to rebound after a 10-over 81 second-round performance by shooting only 2-over in the final round.

Washington will take a few weeks off before hitting the course again in the ASU Thunderbird Invitational on March 18-19.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez