After posting the fourth best team score of the third round, the No. 25 Washington men’s golf team climbed two spots to finish sixth at the Western Intercollegiate. The Huskies shot 4-over 354 as a team Wednesday, their best of the 54-hole tournament.

No. 9 Stanford held onto a strong 10-stroke lead in the third round to claim the team title, finishing at 9-under 1,041 on the tournament. The UW finished 27 strokes back from the top spot, and just three strokes back from Pepperdine, which finished in fifth place.

Junior Corey Pereira posted a strong 2-under 68 Wednesday, highlighted by three consecutive birdies on his front nine, to bring his tournament score to 3-under 207. Pereira shot five spots up the leaderboard with his impressive third round, finishing third overall on the individual leaderboard.

Freshman Carl Yuan shot his best round of the tournament with a 1-under 69 score, helping him crack the top 20. Yuan’s four birdies in the third round earned him a tie for 16th.

Falling four spots to a tie for 28th on the leaderboard was sophomore Frank Garber, who posted a 4-over 74 third round score. Tied with Garber for 28th was senior Chris Babcock. Babcock’s even-par 70 third round shot him up 19 spots in the standings. The veteran’s third round score was his best of the three-day tournament.

Senior Jonathan Sanders matched his second round score with a 3-over 73, jumping seven spots to finish tied for 33rd. The sixth spot of the UW lineup was taken by junior Kevin Kwon, who also shot his best round of the tournament with a 4-over 74. Kwon finished the Western Intercollegiate in a tie for 80th.

The best round of the day came from Stanford’s Maverick McNealy with his second consecutive 6-under 64 score. McNealy overcame Oregon sophomore Aaron Wise to win the individual title by two strokes.

The tournament at Pasatiempo Golf Course in Santa Cruz, Calif., was the last of the regular season for the UW. Next for the Huskies are the Pac-12 Championships in Salt Lake City. The three-day conference tournament begins April 29.

Reach reporter Cody Tyo at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @codytyo