The Washington men’s golf team will continue its postseason at the NCAA regionals, but instead of traveling to a new city to vie for a spot in the national championships, the UW will host the 14-team field.

The Huskies will welcome three of the top-15 teams in the country — No. 1 USC, No. 12 Kent State, and No. 13 Texas A&M — who enter the week as the top three seeds.

Competition will begin Monday at Aldarra Golf Club in Sammamish. Washington’s testy spring weather will be put to the test, as the teams will play three rounds of 18 holes on the par-71, 6,885-yard course. The top five teams, along with the top individual finisher not on an advancing team, will book their ticket to the national championships on May 26-31.

“Fortunately we’re playing at home and we feel like we’re in a good spot,” head coach Alan Murray said. “Now it’s just a matter of going out there and letting your clubs do the talking.”

The UW will have to fight off tough competition to make the cut but is evenly matched with its partners for the first round. Florida State and Alabama will join Washington on the course. All three teams rank within 24th and 36th place.

The Huskies are looking for redemption this year after finishing one place shy of the qualifying mark last year. Washington will need to continue the success it found in Colorado at the Pac-12 championships, where it clinched a tie for third place (32-over 1082).

“We’ve been getting better as the year goes on,” Murray said. “That’s what it’s all about, and that’s all any team is trying to do. It’s not about how you start; it’s how you finish.”  

Sophomore Carl Yuan and senior Corey Pereira led the five-man roster, and finished tied for fourth place and in sole sixth place, respectively. Yuan’s 3-over 213 tournament total tied his career-best finish. Pereira also added to the record books, as his 4-over 214 finish is a career-best in the conference championships.

Freshmen Henry Lee and Daniel List and junior Frank Garber will join Yuan and Pereira to complete Washington’s roster for regionals. All three also made the trip to the conference championships, with two placing inside the top 20. Lee finished in 14th place (6-over 216) and Garber in a tie for 20th (8-over 218).

Garber will get things started for the UW and tee off at 8:20 a.m. from the 10th hole at Aldarra.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez