Following the Washington women’s golf team’s trip to Hawaii, the Washington men’s golf team will bring a close to their pre-season play at the Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational. Along with 19 other teams, Washington looks to capture the title among top competitors including Pac-12 opponents Colorado and UCLA. 

This year’s competition will be held Oct. 29-31 at the Makai Golf Club in Princeville. The course is a par 72 that stretches 7,223 yards and will be played through each day.

Washington’s lineup will be without the help of typical No. 1, Carl Yuan. While Yuan is playing in the Asia-Pacific Championship, the team will feature two freshmen, Noah Woolsey and Jan Schneider, sophomore Shamu Bodhidatta, and seniors Frank Garber and Jordan Lu. 

This tournament will wrap-up fall play for the Washington men’s golf team and its next tournament won’t be until Jan. 29 for the Arizona Intercollegiate. As the team gets into form for the upcoming golf season, it looks to improve on already good starts and refine some skills to make sure that as play intensifies, the Huskies are up for the task.

New assistant coach Thomas Sutton is a welcome addition to this year’s squad and will bring with him an incredible experience as a collegiate golfer and a seasoned player with 47 events under his belt. Head coach Alan Murray coached Sutton during his time as the coach at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. 

The Huskies start play at 8 a.m. local time Sunday, Oct. 29. Last year’s title went to Ole Miss along with the individual champion Braden Thornberry. This year, the UW has a chance to close out its season with a strong win against top opponents and head into the break with momentum on its side.

Reach contributing writer Elie Klasky-Gamer sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @elieklaskygamer