The Washington women’s golf team finished its weekend on the coast with a 16th place finish at the Stanford Intercollegiate. The Huskies struggled at first, finishing outside the top 10 after round one and two, and didn’t have the opportunity to move up the leaderboard as Sunday’s final round was cancelled due to inclement weather.

Round one:

The Huskies couldn’t escape the famous Pacific Northwest fall weather as they played the first 18 holes on Stanford Golf Course in the wind and rain. The less than favorable conditions damped the entire field, as none of the 18 teams finished round one under par.

The five-women roster carded 18-over 302 Friday, led by sophomore Wenyung Keh. Keh finished the day tied for 18th place at 2-over 73 after she made up for a bogey on the back nine with a birdie on the par-five 16th hole. She opened the first four holes at even par, but would card two bogeys before the turn that would put her two strokes behind the leader, UCLA senior Bronte Law.

Sophomore Julianne Alvarez entered the tournament with an individual championship win under her belt, but didn’t get off to the same fiery start that led to her back-to-back title win at the Pat Lesser Harbottle tournament last week. Alvarez opened the front nine with three bogeys and one birdie to make the turn at 2-over 37. Her back nine added one more stroke to her scorecard and Alvarez finished the day at 3-over 74 in a tie for 26th place.

The rest of the Husky roster continued to shoot over par with sophomores Sarah Rhee and Clementina Rodriguez carding 6-over 77, tied for 60th, and 13-over 84, tied for 86th, respectively. Freshman Ellen Takada was just one stroke behind Rhee, finishing tied for 62nd place after carding 7-over 78.

Pac-12 rivals, UCLA (3-over 287), Arizona State (7-over 291), Stanford (8-over 292), and USC (8-over 292), all placed with the top five after the first round, while Northwestern sat at the top of the leaderboard at 1-over 285.

Round two:

The second day of play proved more successful for some Huskies, despite the UW’s drop to a tie for 16th place at 42-over 610, Keh jumped up the individual leaderboard into a tie for eighth place.

Keh finished round two at even-par 71 after two birdies and bogeys on the front nine paired with one more of each on the back nine to even themselves out. Her 10 spot climb gave Keh good momentum entering the final round. She was now 10 strokes behind Law, who still had her hold on first place.

Alvarez had the next best finish after 36 holes, ending Saturday in a nine-way tie for 53rd place at 11-over 153 after recording nine bogeys and only one birdie in round two.

Takada improved to a single stroke behind Alvarez moving into a tie for 62nd place at 12-over 154. Despite carding pars and bogeys in round two, Takada’s round of 5-over 76 was an improvement from her first round.

Rhee and Rodriguez rounded out the Huskies roster after they both carded 11-over 82 Saturday. Rhee finished off her round with a triple bogey that sent her to a tie for 81st place at 17-over 159. Rodriguez had two double bogeys on the front nine and a handful of bogeys to put her two-day score at 24-over 166, good for sole possession of 86th place.

UCLA, Stanford, and Cal climbed a combined total of seven spots on the leaderboard. The Bruins held the top spot at 4-over 572, followed by the Cardinal (15-over 583) and the Golden Bears (21-over 589).

With the cancellation of the third and final round, the leaderboard stands with the Huskies finishing just outside the top 15.

The UW will continue its season in Kailua Kona, Hawaii on Oct. 24 for the Pac-12 Preview.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez