While the Washington women’s golf team wrapped up its Pac-12 Championship, the men’s team is just getting started. The Huskies will begin their postseason run Friday for a three-day, four-round tournament that will finish Sunday.

Colorado will play host this weekend and welcome all conference teams to the Boulder Country Club. The par-70, 7,129-yard course will be home to the 58th annual Pac-12 Championship. The Buffaloes will have the home course advantage, as the teams will play at an altitude of 5,220 feet — the highest elevation in conference history.

The UW will have to play through those tough conditions as well as face some of the nation’s best teams. Three of the nation’s top-10 teams will be in attendance: No. 1 USC, No. 8 Stanford, and No. 10 Oregon.

The Trojans will enter the tournament as the favorites, but the three-time champion Cardinal will hope to rise to the leaderboard early.

The Huskies are also on the prowl and will be taking six men down to Colorado. Per tournament rules, the five best scores will count toward the team’s total over the four rounds. Seniors Corey Pereira and Kevin Kwon, junior Frank Garber, sophomore Carl Yuan, and freshmen Henry Lee and Daniel List will make the trip down with first-year head coach Alan Murray.

Yuan has had a breakout second year and currently has the lowest 18-hole average (71.57). He’s placed within the top five once this season and in the top 10 twice. His best finish of the season was just shy of a win, as he tied for second place on Jan. 24 at the Arizona Intercollegiate.      

Pereira has also averaged under par this season (71.76) and is the No. 2 man on Washington’s roster. He earned the team’s only individual title at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate on Feb. 28.

The other four men are hoping to make an impact as well, as the team will be up against five of the country’s top-10 NCAA golfers, which includes golfers from some of the top-10 teams as well as California.

Play will begin at 6:30 a.m. Friday.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez