University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
MORE FROM BASEBALL
In an alternate universe, the UW baseball team was in Palo Alto this past Memorial Day weekend, squaring off against Stanford for its final series of the 2020 regular season.
Unfortunately, the actual universe had a different agenda.
On Tuesday, Washington’s junior starting pitcher Stevie Emanuels was named a third-team All-American by The Collegiate Baseball for the 2020 season.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
A lot of things have changed for the University of Washington Athletic Department since the UW first took the field in 1889 for its first football game. It took three years for the university to choose purple and gold as its official color scheme. The UW went through multiple mascot ideas in…
Dylan Lamb spent a good deal of his childhood losing.
With two older brothers it’s hard to blame him, especially when one of them is a future MLB all-star who doesn’t see the merit in taking it easy on his eight-year younger sibling.
“When I would play against my brothers when I was younger, when they would beat down on me because they’re so much bigger,” Lamb said. “It kind of made things better for me because I knew how to come back from failure.”
Somewhere in the Emanuels’ family home, an old photograph features three-year-old Stevie Emanuels on the beach with his father, symbolically toting a plastic wiffleball bat, the first stitching along a lengthy seam of baseball memories.
When Washington’s first-year pitching coach and recruiting coordinator Elliott Cribby talks to his players, he doesn’t simply offer tips on how to tweak a slider. He doesn’t just dare them to run farther during quarantine or question them about their daily long-toss sessions. His mentorship …
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- Petition to accommodate international students amid restrictions draws 15,000 signatures
- UW mathematics professors co-sign letter discouraging researchers collaborating with police
- COVID-19 cases in fraternities continue to grow: now 151
- COVID-19 cases in the Greek community pass 100
- It's never too late to start learning a second language
- Anticipated season-opener between Washington and Michigan scrapped
- The coronavirus vaccine timeline: The end in sight?
- Deaths will be cut in half if everyone wears a mask in public, UW researchers say
- ‘An entire system is changing’: UW Medicine stops using race-based equation to calculate kidney function
- Learning online at night
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.