Racquetball is not a sport for everyone. To be an elite racquetball player you must be a great athlete, an incredible competitor, have an open mind to learning, and also have a great work ethic. Hollie Scott, a junior at the UW majoring in public health, has all four.
More From Club Sports
Being covered in mud, run over by bikes, and hit with torrential downpours is just another day of competing in cyclocross for Shannon Mallory.
There’s a small part of the Washington coed cheer team’s competition routine senior Isaac Iñiguez has stuck in his head.
In one word? It’s “ridiculous.” In one sentence? It’s “a stupid sport nobody’s played their whole life.”
When Denali Cornwell reflects back on his first Band Day as a high schooler, he mostly remembers being awestruck by it all.
It’s 10:05 p.m. and Ryan Jaromin is doing homework. It’s not exactly out of the ordinary for a UW student at this time of night on a Wednesday, but Jaromin is usually done by now. He has practice in 10 minutes.
Nicole Pasia was falling asleep when she felt the bus swerve the first time. It was dark and warm inside the bus, with the only light coming from a screen near the front that was playing Mulan. Sitting near the middle, on the right side of the third bus in the caravan carrying the Husky Marc…
It was a beautiful, chilly day at Sail Sand Point in Magnuson Park, where two sailboats were led out onto Lake Washington to practice in anticipation of the UW sailing team’s next regatta. One boat was accompanied by sophomore co-captain Connor Hughes, an experienced member of the team who h…
The NCAA discontinued boxing in 1960 due to waning popularity and injuries. But in 1976, collegiate boxing was revived by the National Collegiate Boxing Association (NCBA), an organization with a mission to provide a safe environment for college students to learn boxing.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- RuPaul and Drag Race: Racism, fracking, and transphobia galore
- Petition calling for grade leniency for Black students draws 43,000 signatures amid unrest
- UW units projected to lose more than $100 million amid coronavirus
- Menchavez: Calling for accountability amid UW’s campus climate results
- Cauce says she expects 'hybrid model' for fall classes in webinar
- How are local grocery stores handling mask rules?
- Seattle protest of police brutality goes south after peaceful demonstration
- OPINION: Dear white and non-Black people of color: It is our moral duty to speak up
- Love is blind...ing: UW students participate in a virtual dating show
- What photographing death and a brain cancer diagnosis taught graduate student Caroline Catlin