University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
More From Crew
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
Coaches are all about their students, so when the 2019-20 rowing season was canceled, Michael Callahan’s initial reaction was a feeling of sadness for all of his rowers.
When your country calls to offer a spot on their Olympic team, you come running. That was the case for five women on the UW rowing team who chose to take a gap year in order to have a shot at an Olympic gold medal and a chance to represent their country.
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
The No. 1 Washington women's rowing team got off to a dominant start this season, sweeping No. 18 USC in Nevada. The Huskies saw all three of their top boats win by open water at Lake Las Vegas, led by their varsity eight boat in the final race of the day.
After nearly four months off the water, the No. 1 Washington women’s rowing team will kick off its 2020 spring season against No. 18 USC on Lake Las Vegas in Henderson, Nevada.
In their only home action of the fall season, the Washington rowing teams finished the early season in strong fashion at the Head of the Lake.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- The College Inn Pub: 46 years down, many more to go
- Pac-12 welcomes back football, seven-game season to begin Nov. 6
- New Greek Row outbreak infects 13 students with coronavirus
- Roots to the rescue: Can kava be the solution to stress?
- Pink sunsets and Spotify playlists
- Why I decided to ruin my own social life
- How to not be stuck inside this autumn
- Remembering my great-grandparents in the form of oatmeal raisin cookies
- The biggest distraction of all: Poor mental health
- Arts communities you can engage with from home
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.