Hayden Gizinski wasn’t particularly surprised when she heard the Husky Marching Band wouldn’t be playing this year. In fact, she’d been expecting it.
Game Daily Articles
More From Game Daily
Just like anyone who has celebrated a birthday in 2020, Husky Stadium — otherwise known as Alaska Airlines Arena — won’t get much fanfare this fall, even on its 100th birthday celebration.
When Jack Westover first stepped onto the field his senior year of high school, it was his first game of football since the eighth grade.
When the Washington football team’s offense finally takes the field this Saturday against Oregon State, older generations of Husky fans may feel they’ve traveled through a time machine to the year 1990.
When former Washington head coach Don James first arrived in Seattle in December 1974, the Huskies had just defeated the Washington State Cougars 24-17, the first of what would become eight consecutive Apple Cup victories for the Huskies, tying their all-time rivalry record.
Sean McGrew has never been the biggest guy.
In high school, Edefuan Ulofoshio didn’t go by Edefuan. Instead, everyone called him Jeff.
Weighing 305 pounds and standing 6-foot-2, Tuli Letuligasenoa commands the attention of any room he walks into.
Football in a pandemic was always going to be different.
Whether it was riding high in the preseason or grasping at straws during the Huskies’ nine-game losing streak, Isaiah Stewart has been Mr. Consistency.
Coming off its first win in more than a month, the Washington men’s basketball team is focusing on offensive efficiency and rebounding as it tries to continue to gain momentum heading into the final weeks of the season.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- UW cancels pre-Thanksgiving coronavirus tests for many students
- Cancellations set stage for Washington to host Utah Saturday
- What another COVID-19 lockdown means for U-District businesses
- The greatest setting in college football turns 100
- Demand #4: Hire more Black faculty
- UW ranked 8th top university in the world: What comes next?
- In refurbishing the waterfront, Indigenous artists picked to represent the past, present, and future
- UAW 4121 stands up against new Trump ruling that limits the visas of international students and scholars
- Freshman step up when Huskies need them most
- Watkins, Beasley to miss 2020-21 season adding to UW personnel woes