More From Gymnastics
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
Senior Michaela Nelson earned the Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar Gymnastics Award on Thursday, after being selected out of more than 700 nominees nationwide.
Sustaining a season-long injury can be one of the most disheartening feelings for many athletes, especially at the beginning of a collegiate career. For sophomore gymnast Hannah Vandenkolk, it was essentially like starting over.
The 39-by-39-foot-wide floor can be an enormous space for a small human to cover.
One of the first things that Evanni Roberson noticed after landing her first perfect 10.000 on the beam for Washington gymnastics in a meet against Arizona at Hec Edmundson Pavilion was the scenery filled with familiar faces of old teammates, friends, and family in the crowd.
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
The No. 11 Washington gymnastics team wrapped up its shortened season on a high note Tuesday, as seniors Evanni Roberson, Maya Washington, Madison Copiak, and Kristyn Hoffa combined to win five All-American honors from the Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics Association.
The No. 12 Washington gymnastics team earned a 196.125 in a quad meet at No. 7 Denver with San Jose State and Alaska. The team finished second place at Magness Arena.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- RuPaul and Drag Race: Racism, fracking, and transphobia galore
- Petition calling for grade leniency for Black students draws 16,000 signatures amid unrest
- UW units projected to lose more than $100 million amid coronavirus
- Menchavez: Calling for accountability amid UW’s campus climate results
- Cauce says she expects 'hybrid model' for fall classes in webinar
- How are local grocery stores handling mask rules?
- Seattle protest of police brutality goes south after peaceful demonstration
- What photographing death and a brain cancer diagnosis taught graduate student Caroline Catlin
- How UW researchers are studying the impacts of COVID-19 through remote data collection
- It’s time to hold society accountable for #MeToo silencing