Elise Ray-Statz, head coach of the Washington gymnastics program for the past five seasons, has stepped away from the position, the university announced Wednesday afternoon. Assistant head coach Ralph Rosso has been promoted to interim head coach.
More From Gymnastics
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
Senior Michaela Nelson earned the Arthur Ashe Sports Scholar Gymnastics Award on Thursday, after being selected out of more than 700 nominees nationwide.
Sustaining a season-long injury can be one of the most disheartening feelings for many athletes, especially at the beginning of a collegiate career. For sophomore gymnast Hannah Vandenkolk, it was essentially like starting over.
The 39-by-39-foot-wide floor can be an enormous space for a small human to cover.
One of the first things that Evanni Roberson noticed after landing her first perfect 10.000 on the beam for Washington gymnastics in a meet against Arizona at Hec Edmundson Pavilion was the scenery filled with familiar faces of old teammates, friends, and family in the crowd.
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
The No. 11 Washington gymnastics team wrapped up its shortened season on a high note Tuesday, as seniors Evanni Roberson, Maya Washington, Madison Copiak, and Kristyn Hoffa combined to win five All-American honors from the Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics Association.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- 2020 general election endorsements
- UW gymnastics head coach Elise Ray-Statz resigns
- Nahziah Carter suspended from UW basketball team activities
- UW assistant professor missing after camping near Mount Rainier
- How the Olympic Mountains affect Seattle’s weather
- Universal U-PASS temporarily replaced with opt-in and ORCA LIFT; no plans yet for winter quarter
- It’s cuffing season on steroids
- Let’s revisit propagation: Rare plant edition
- Could a community organizer unseat one of the most important politicians in Washington?
- Cultural groups move toward zero tolerance and survivor-centered policies on abuse and harassment
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.