Fans of the Washington men's basketball team are going to have to wait a little bit longer for the start of the season.
More From Men's Basketball
Two former Washington men’s basketball players heard their names called in the NBA draft Wednesday night when Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels were selected in the first round.
Six days after learning that transfer guard Erik Stevenson’s eligibility waiver was granted, the Washington men’s basketball team received word Wednesday that Michigan transfer Cole Bajema had his waiver granted, and will be eligible for the 2020-21 season.
Thursday afternoon brought good news for the Washington men’s basketball team, as junior transfer Erik Stevenson’s waiver to become immediately eligible was approved by the NCAA, according to head coach Mike Hopkins.
The untimely announcement of Quade Green’s academic ineligibility last January marked a detrimental shift for the Washington men’s basketball team. Without their starting point guard, the once-promising Huskies sputtered to a disappointing last place finish in the Pac-12.
Ahead of a season where scoring may be at a premium for them, the Washington men’s basketball team’s leading returning scorer may not even see the floor.
Pac-12 football may not be so far away after all.
With everything happening in the world right now, Mike Hopkins is trying to slow things down.
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- UW ranked 8th top university in the world: What comes next?
- UW cancels pre-Thanksgiving coronavirus tests for many students
- Fire envelops U-District homeless encampment
- Packing coronavirus: Holiday travel during the pandemic
- What another COVID-19 lockdown means for U-District businesses
- #FreeThemAll: Stories from the Tacoma ICE Processing Center
- Flight reduction and lack of weather data lead to forecast inaccuracy
- Alone, but safe, for the holidays
- UW researchers project over 400,000 US coronavirus deaths by March 2021
- UW researchers use a Street View-style camera in Seattle to track COVID-19 response
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.