Senior catcher Morganne Flores was named the College Softball Johnny Bench Award winner for 2020 on Thursday, becoming the first catcher in school history to earn the prestigious award.
More From Softball
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
On every road trip, there’s a video camera that documents the Washington softball team. From the time they wake up until the time they go to bed, the camera follows the Huskies’ every move.
While their eligibility was only in doubt for a few weeks, the Washington softball team finally has a sense of how next season’s roster will shake out with the confirmation that all four seniors will continue their education at the UW and return to the team in 2021.
A lot of things have changed for the University of Washington Athletic Department since the UW first took the field in 1889 for its first football game. It took three years for the university to choose purple and gold as its official color scheme. The UW went through multiple mascot ideas in…
Instead of a nameplate across the back of their practice uniforms, the Washington softball team chose to showcase their pride in their home state this year. Among the 20 girls on the practice field, “California” appears the most, with a couple of local Washington players scattered around.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- COVID-19 cases in the Greek community pass 100
- COVID-19 runs through Greek system with 38 confirmed cases
- COVID-19 cases in fraternities continue to grow: now 146
- The coronavirus vaccine timeline: The end in sight?
- UW previews ‘hybrid’ fall quarter as COVID-19 uncertainty continues
- The need for continued education: An increase in UW summer quarter enrollment
- ‘Keep the pressure on’: UW BLM continues to protest for unmet demands
- Staff Picks: 6/29-7/5
- To reform or to defund: What the future of police and protection could look like
- ‘Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day’