After the cancellation of the Washington track and field team’s spring season, athletes had to suddenly return home after training and competing all winter. For many athletes, especially those in individual based sports like Track, training and coaching has continued at home throughout the S…
Track and Field
More From Track and Field
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
After being unable to compete in the NCAA Indoor Championships, 11 athletes on the Washington track and field team were named All-Americans on Tuesday, May 26 by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association for qualifying for the national championships.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
On the surface, junior Parker Kennedy and freshman Ollie Thorner are an unlikely duo.
Before Washington’s outdoor track and field season was abruptly canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cass Elliot had major goals he expected to conquer.
Just two weeks after shattering the UW’s school record in the women’s pentathlon, junior Hannah Rusnak arrived in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with 12 of her Washington track and field teammates for the 2020 Indoor National Championships.
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- The College Inn Pub: 46 years down, many more to go
- Pac-12 welcomes back football, seven-game season to begin Nov. 6
- New Greek Row outbreak infects 13 students with coronavirus
- Roots to the rescue: Can kava be the solution to stress?
- Pink sunsets and Spotify playlists
- Why I decided to ruin my own social life
- How to not be stuck inside this autumn
- Remembering my great-grandparents in the form of oatmeal raisin cookies
- The biggest distraction of all: Poor mental health
- Arts communities you can engage with from home
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.