Pac-12 football may not be so far away after all.
More From Women's Basketball
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
Just a few weeks after losing two players to the transfer portal, the Washington women’s basketball team announced the addition of junior college point guard Grace Beasley from Midland College in Texas for the 2020-21 season.
A lot of things have changed for the University of Washington Athletic Department since the UW first took the field in 1889 for its first football game. It took three years for the university to choose purple and gold as its official color scheme. The UW went through multiple mascot ideas in…
After graduating four seniors, including its leading scorer in Amber Melgoza, the Washington women’s basketball team is losing two additional players to the transfer portal in freshman center Ali Bamberger and junior guard Rita Pleskevich.
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
The Washington women’s basketball team couldn’t make enough plays down the stretch to grab a win in the Pac-12 tournament, falling 72-63 to Utah in Las Vegas.
For three years, the name Amber Melgoza has been synonymous with Washington women’s basketball. In that time, she’s scored nearly double the points of the next highest scorer on the team and climbed to No. 9 all-time in scoring for the program.
While spring sports were cancelled for athletes at the UW, our photographers were able to catch some preseason and early season action for rowing, baseball, and softball.
- 2020 general election endorsements
- UW assistant professor missing after camping near Mount Rainier
- Nahziah Carter suspended from UW basketball team activities
- Could a community organizer unseat one of the most important politicians in Washington?
- Hardwick’s closes after 88 years in business
- To be queer, of color, and bullied
- Tipping the scale: Reclaiming myself after emotionally abusive relationships
- What you need to know from the King County Public Health Q&A with the Panhellenic community
- It’s cuffing season on steroids
- Quarterback competition, padded practices, and more from fall camp
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.