advertorial

Join the Air Force ROTC program at UW’s Detachment 910!

• 0

The Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps is a four-year program offered here at the UW. Our program is among the best, winning the 2018 AFROTC Right of Line Award for “Best Large Detachment” in the nation! The Benefits of ROTC include college scholarships, professional development training, and leadership opportunities as well as a rewarding future career in the U.S. Air Force. All UW students, along with many crosstown schools like Seattle University, Northwest University, and Bellevue College, to name a few, are eligible to enter the program. Current high school students are eligible to apply for scholarships their senior year, current college students can earn the in-college scholarship and join the program up to their sophomore year, and currently enlisted airmen are encouraged to apply for enlisted scholarships or prior-enlisted may use GI bill benefits as well.

Throughout their time in the AFROTC program at Det 910 cadets go through four phases of training from their freshman to senior year, being molded into leaders of character through hands-on experiences. Cadets are instructed by cadre who are highly experienced and dedicated officers who teach them the finer points of leadership, to increase their personal level of physical fitness and mentor them in their path to commissioning as second lieutenants in the Air Force.  While training at the University of Washington, and other crosstown universities, our cadets attend highly acclaimed classes in a wide range of academic disciplines. Yes, you may have any major and enter the ROTC program! These university classes complement the detachment’s rigorous AFROTC curriculum. As a result of this multifaceted training, we produce disciplined and professional United States Air Force and the United States Space Force officers who understand the historical legacy, leadership principles, and future challenges of the world’s strongest and most technologically advanced Air and Space Forces.

If you have the drive to serve your country and are looking for excellence, Detachment 910 is the right fit for you! More information on our Detachment can be found on the Det 910 website and more information on what it takes to enter the AFROTC program, including scholarships and other opportunities can be found on the AFROTC website. Interested college or high school students, currently or prior-enlisted airmen, and those with questions about AFROTC here at the University of Washington can contact our staff by phone at (206) 543-2360 or email at afrotc@uw.edu.