Less than a week before the Washington football team kicks off its season in California, the baseball team has halted its fall practices after receiving positive COVID-19 tests. The team will now go through contact tracing, according to a press release from the UW Athletics Department Wednes…
MORE FROM BASEBALL
The Washington baseball team’s crowning achievement may be in jeopardy.
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
In an alternate universe, the UW baseball team was in Palo Alto this past Memorial Day weekend, squaring off against Stanford for its final series of the 2020 regular season.
Unfortunately, the actual universe had a different agenda.
On Tuesday, Washington’s junior starting pitcher Stevie Emanuels was named a third-team All-American by The Collegiate Baseball for the 2020 season.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
A lot of things have changed for the University of Washington Athletic Department since the UW first took the field in 1889 for its first football game. It took three years for the university to choose purple and gold as its official color scheme. The UW went through multiple mascot ideas in…
Dylan Lamb spent a good deal of his childhood losing.
With two older brothers it’s hard to blame him, especially when one of them is a future MLB all-star who doesn’t see the merit in taking it easy on his eight-year younger sibling.
“When I would play against my brothers when I was younger, when they would beat down on me because they’re so much bigger,” Lamb said. “It kind of made things better for me because I knew how to come back from failure.”
Junior guard Jamal Bey loses control of the ball in Washington's matchup against Arizona at Alaska Airlines Arena on December 31, 2020. The Huskies's offense couldn't get anything done in the team's 80-53 loss.
Jamal Bey shoots the ball during Washington's game against Seattle U on December 9, 2020. The Huskies take on Arizona on New Year's Eve.
- UW Medicine welcomes Dr. Ben Danielson amid Seattle Children’s Hospital racism investigation
- UW Medicine employee and student experiences with the COVID-19 vaccine
- UW Medicine graduate under fire for role in Capitol siege
- Understanding heartbreak with Bon Iver and ex-lovers
- UW coaches preparing for a spring season like no other
- Blue Moon Tavern: Honoring Seattleite resilience
- Where were you the day of the coup?
- Huskies struggle in season opener under first-year head coach Ralph Rosso
- Spring quarter to continue online due to coronavirus pandemic
- Why UW professors say a Trump impeachment could help protect democracy