An action-packed spring season capped off a hectic year for UW Athletics, where 17 teams navigated sport seasons during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are The Daily sports staff’s picks for best athletes, performances, and moments from the past year.
More From Football
Following the NCAA Division I Board of Directors' guidance approval to allow student-athletes to compensate on their name, image, and likeness (NIL), the UW Athletic Department unveiled plans to support its student-athletes in business endeavors.
Athletes don’t stop repping the UW after they leave Seattle. Welcome to this week’s special edition of Pro Husky Highlights, where The Daily recaps the NFL Draft and the four Huskies that were selected.
For the first time since Jimmy Lake took the helm of the team in 2019, the Washington football team held a spring game scrimmage to cap off the 2021 run of spring practices. The Purple Team beat the Gold Team 22-13.
Situational football was the focus for the Washington football team Wednesday morning.
2020 breakout star outside linebacker Zion Tupuola-Fetui will likely miss the start of the 2021 Washington football season.
Believe it or not, Washington football is already halfway through spring practices.
Position battles are starting to heat up on both sides of the ball five practices into the Washington football team’s spring season. With the additions of high-profile transfers and rising playmakers, the battles at wide receiver and defensive back will be especially interesting this spring.
For the first time since the 2019 Apple Cup, fans were in attendance for football inside Husky Stadium.
- ‘Even with that, we’re well below market’: Behind the UW’s housing prices
- How in-person college will look for second-year students
- UW recommends ‘everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask or other face covering indoors’
- ‘Loki’ takes self-love to a whole new level
- What UW students should know about the upcoming primary election
- ‘Shakespeare in the Park’ offers a free outdoor theater experience
- The first move
- Tokyo Dawgs: Woodruff advances to hurdles final on Day 10
- Staff Picks: 8/2-8/8
- Tokyo Dawgs: Woodruff advances to semifinals of 400m hurdles on Day 8