Hayden Gizinski wasn’t particularly surprised when she heard the Husky Marching Band wouldn’t be playing this year. In fact, she’d been expecting it.
Game Daily Articles
More From Game Daily
Just like anyone who has celebrated a birthday in 2020, Husky Stadium — otherwise known as Alaska Airlines Arena — won’t get much fanfare this fall, even on its 100th birthday celebration.
When Jack Westover first stepped onto the field his senior year of high school, it was his first game of football since the eighth grade.
When the Washington football team’s offense finally takes the field this Saturday against Oregon State, older generations of Husky fans may feel they’ve traveled through a time machine to the year 1990.
When former Washington head coach Don James first arrived in Seattle in December 1974, the Huskies had just defeated the Washington State Cougars 24-17, the first of what would become eight consecutive Apple Cup victories for the Huskies, tying their all-time rivalry record.
Sean McGrew has never been the biggest guy.
In high school, Edefuan Ulofoshio didn’t go by Edefuan. Instead, everyone called him Jeff.
Weighing 305 pounds and standing 6-foot-2, Tuli Letuligasenoa commands the attention of any room he walks into.
Football in a pandemic was always going to be different.
Whether it was riding high in the preseason or grasping at straws during the Huskies’ nine-game losing streak, Isaiah Stewart has been Mr. Consistency.
Coming off its first win in more than a month, the Washington men’s basketball team is focusing on offensive efficiency and rebounding as it tries to continue to gain momentum heading into the final weeks of the season.
Junior guard Jamal Bey loses control of the ball in Washington's matchup against Arizona at Alaska Airlines Arena on December 31, 2020. The Huskies's offense couldn't get anything done in the team's 80-53 loss.
Jamal Bey shoots the ball during Washington's game against Seattle U on December 9, 2020. The Huskies take on Arizona on New Year's Eve.
- To UW and Greek Life: Do you not know, or do you just not care?
- Students partying on Greek Row face discipline
- Biden immigration bill aims to ease STEM graduates’ stay in the US
- High-rise developments begin construction in the U-District
- Campus responder program for Greek Row delayed despite safety concerns
- I thought I knew everything, then I had sex
- Dr. Ben Danielson speaks on anti-racism and health equity
- Five best spots for students to buy furniture
- Cauce talks remote learning accessibility at student senate meeting
- HFS predicts increased housing rates next year