Nicole Van Dyke hasn’t coached a soccer match in nearly 14 months.
More From Women's Tennis
University of Washington Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) announced plans for the phased return of student-athletes to campus beginning June 15 with voluntary workouts.
Robin Stephenson has always prioritized the team over the individual. This mindset has led her to find a home in college tennis.
In a press release sent May 26, the Pac-12 announced it will allow voluntary, in-person athletic workouts to begin June 15 for all sports.
Tennis has always been in Vanessa Wong’s blood.
As one of the top players in NCAA women’s tennis today, the junior’s journey to the Washington women’s tennis team began in Toronto, Canada where she grew up. Born into a family of tennis players, she became involved in the sport at a young age.
“It started off with my parents, of course, and my sister, who is four and a half years older, started taking lessons and I was brought to all of those lessons,” she said. “At first I was just watching every hour, but then I slowly asked for my turn, starting with five or 10 minutes when I was four years old.”
The NCAA’s Division I Council voted to extend the eligibility of spring sport student-athletes on Monday following the disruption of their season by the COVID-19 outbreak. However, winter athletes, whose seasons were cut short will not be included in this action.
Despite a late comeback attempt, the No. 30 Washington women’s tennis team capped off the opening weekend of the Pac-12 season with a 4-2 win against a resilient Colorado team.
The No. 30 Washington women’s tennis team opened its Pac-12 season on Friday, convincingly beating a tough No. 44 Utah team 4-1.
Junior guard Jamal Bey loses control of the ball in Washington's matchup against Arizona at Alaska Airlines Arena on December 31, 2020. The Huskies's offense couldn't get anything done in the team's 80-53 loss.
Jamal Bey shoots the ball during Washington's game against Seattle U on December 9, 2020. The Huskies take on Arizona on New Year's Eve.
- UW Medicine welcomes Dr. Ben Danielson amid Seattle Children’s Hospital racism investigation
- UW Medicine employee and student experiences with the COVID-19 vaccine
- UW Medicine graduate under fire for role in Capitol siege
- Understanding heartbreak with Bon Iver and ex-lovers
- UW coaches preparing for a spring season like no other
- Blue Moon Tavern: Honoring Seattleite resilience
- Where were you the day of the coup?
- Huskies struggle in season opener under first-year head coach Ralph Rosso
- Spring quarter to continue online due to coronavirus pandemic
- Why UW professors say a Trump impeachment could help protect democracy