More from Health & Wellness
“You’ve made it to the place where there isn’t any drama; all I’m here to do is help you through your trauma,” registered social worker and psychotherapist Nadia Addesi raps along to an instrumental beat for her 3.1 million TikTok followers.
There is an assumption that hookup culture dominates and runs rampant through the college population. While, yes, there is greater access to other people your age who are probably willing to sleep with you, it doesn’t mean that the only thing to do in college is bone.
According to a UW study from July 2020, 30% of households surveyed across Washington state experienced food insecurity; of those, 59% had children. The prevalence of food insecurity varied based on income levels: 58% of people experiencing food insecurity had an annual income of $15,000 or l…
Attending school, work, and club meetings on Zoom is part of everyone’s current routine. With new COVID variants spreading, and cases hitting a record high over the holidays, it’s more important than ever that we continue to use online formats and avoid in-person contact.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that it has almost been an entire year since the University of Washington moved online. A whole year of virtual learning, of Panopto recordings, of living room lecture halls and bedroom finals weeks. A whole year of staring at Zoom squares.
For Selma El-Badawi, a third-year at the University of Washington, moving back home last year was not part of the plan.
While there is no doubt the onset of COVID-19 has had negative impacts on people’s mental health, recent studies are looking into the ways it impacts the body neurologically.
People often preach to slow down and really take inventory of how you feel, but I had no idea what that really meant. I craved to feel connected to myself because I knew that my own avoidance of emotions was causing me to feel worse, but I felt too intimidated to know where to start. Mainstr…
Seattle, in all its cold and rainy glory, is the perfect place to cozy up with a coffee and embrace the hygge lifestyle. It’s also the perfect place to find everything you need to curate the cozy space of your dreams, thanks to vintage shops and small businesses galore. With all the time we’…
- To UW and Greek Life: Do you not know, or do you just not care?
- Students partying on Greek Row face discipline
- Biden immigration bill aims to ease STEM graduates’ stay in the US
- High-rise developments begin construction in the U-District
- I thought I knew everything, then I had sex
- Campus responder program for Greek Row delayed despite safety concerns
- The toxicity of gay ‘tribes,’ especially on campus
- Shaky pitching plagues Huskies in first loss of season to Wolf Pack
- Gibson’s grand slam highlights explosive offensive day for Washington
- Five best spots for students to buy furniture